Welcome to my new series “Confessions.” I’m trying it out this summer to see how y’all enjoy hearing from writers and other publishing professionals as they share about their ups and downs–many we can all relate to. Some will be funny, some will be more serious.
Up first, my friend and client, Desiree Williams is sharing some insights into her life as an author, mom, and all the fun that comes with that! Take it away, Dez . . .
First off, a big thank you to Ralene for having me! I’m thrilled to be here with you all, and of course to share that I, Desiree Williams, have a problem.
No one ever likes to confess to their faults. I mean, who wants to admit there’s something wrong with them? However, honesty can be quite freeing. Like right now. I’m ready to shine the light on some of my weaknesses. Are YOU ready? But you have to promise not to laugh—at least not until the end. And probably not to my face. =D
14. You make a pot of coffee, but then forget to grab a cup.
13. You throw clothes in the dryer only to remember two days later you forgot to turn it on.
12. You have countless unfinished projects strewn through the house or on your computer.
11. You space out while driving, and then find yourself in random places far from your intended destination.
10. You can start five conversation topics at one time. (Notice I didn’t say you finished them.)
9. You have regular chats with the voices inside your head.
8. You’re easily distracted by all things shiny.
7. You find yourself in a room and forget why you had to be there in the first place.
6. You space out when someone is talking and then scramble to rejoin the conversation before they notice.
5. You burn dinner even though you’re standing three feet away.
4. You can tune out a packed room.
3. You meet someone new and can easily picture them as a dagger-wielding ninja.
2. You walk smack-dab into a sign that anyone else would’ve noticed.
And the big number 1:
You have a kick-butt imagination that takes you on amazing adventures.
Yes, I confess I’m guilty of every single one of those and so much more. My daydreaming-scatterbrain gets me into quite a few pickles, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. It makes life an adventure. Plus, once I get over my initial embarrassment over said events, I have a few more stories to tell. =D
So my brain doesn’t work like normal. That’s okay. Normal is boring anyway. (Ralene italicized that line because she absolutely loves it!)
But now I must know.
Are you guilty of any of these?
Please tell me I’m not alone in this crazy scatterbrain world. Feel free to share your own confessions below.
Virtual hugs to you all.
Desiree Williams is a dreamer by day and chocoholic by night. She lives in the beautiful state of Kentucky with her husband and daughter, where she juggles life as a wannabe supermom. Desiree is a lover of food and avoider of dirty dishes. She delights in making people laugh and strives to bring hope and love with her wherever she goes.
You can find out more about Desiree and her books at www.desireewilliamsbooks.blogspot.com
Thank you, Dez! You know I suffer from all of those a lot of the time. Too much stuff going on in my head.
If y’all love romance in a fantasy setting, I highly recommend Desiree’s books. She tells some pretty engaging stories.