Another month has come and gone, and I’m standing her with a gaping look on my face. Cause … how? Like WHERE did October go? I vaguely remember something about Fall Break at the beginning of the month, then all of the sudden it was Halloween, and BAAM it’s November.
I didn’t even have TIME to accomplish my goals for October. Okay, that’s probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly didn’t feel like I had the time. And the Week of the Flu probably didn’t help either.
Seriously, I did nothing in reference to my goals set in October. I accomplished a lot, just not a lot of what I set forth to accomplish. So, my goals for November will look exactly the same.
1. Finish 2nd edits on Armor of Aletheia. I was a little late getting the initial edits back to my editor, then she was a little late getting them back to me … And I actually did not even get them until about a week ago. Now I’m scrambling to get those done ASAP. Unfortunately, I have an edit for a client that must get done first. Hopefully that will be done tonight or tomorrow. Must. Do. All. The. Things!
2. Get caught up on marketing plans for AoA. So, in August, I sat down and mapped out the next few months of marketing plans in preparation for the release of AoA. I kept up for about a month … then fell behind. So, now I need to go through and get caught up on some 0f these. I’ve stepped back from some of my responsibilities in other areas in order to make some room in my schedule to do this!
3. I actually did start implementing a new schedule last month, and it seems to be working pretty well. I just need to tweak it a bit and be more consistent with it. The power hours for email and social media in the mornings are nice. Then being able to focus on school/family stuff the rest of the day until work time in the evening seems to work for me. However, we’ve started some new activities that are claiming Wednesday and Thursday nights …
4. I need to drink more water! Not just tea, but water. So, my goal is to drink at least 40 oz. of straight water in addition to my tea. The plan is to drink tea with meals and water in between. We’ll see how that works.
What about YOU? What are your goals for November?
Ah, we are entering my favorite time of year again. October ushers in the beginning of fall and the preparation for the holidays season. Oh, how excited I am! Hello, October!
The kids and I are already making plans for the many things to do with pumpkins. My daughter already sketched out her kitty-bat she wants to carve on her pumpkin we’ll get later this month. I’m waiting it to cool off just a little bit more before I break out the apple cider. Mmm …
Of course, with a new month, we also need to set some goals. Who’s with me? It’s been awhile since I’ve posted my goals on this blog, so I’m not going to bother trying to recap. We’ll just start fresh and go from here!
October 2017 Goals
- Finish 2nd edits for Armor of Aletheia. As soon as I get the edits back from my editor, I need to get the novel cleaned up and ready to go back to her. At this point, I’ll also be sending the novel out to potential endorsers to see if we can lock in some people for the launch. I’ll be working for at least 2 hours a night once I get them back, plus 4-6 hours on Saturdays.
- I have a new schedule that I’m going to be trying out that will help me to focus on the family and homeschool during family time and on work during work time. I hope that I can get it to work! In this schedule, I’ll have a couple of power hours in the morning to get through email and social media stuff, but other than that focus on family/school stuff. In the evenings, then it’ll be work, work, work while my husband can watch the kids.
- Get caught up on marketing plans. Did you know Bellanok celebrates its first anniversary toward the end of this month? Yeah … there’s going to be a party. Plus, I have some stuff planned out that I was supposed to do in September for both Bellanok and Armor of Aletheia. Bah–this is what happens when you get sick. Don’t get sick.
- Speaking of health issues, my health has been on a bit of a roller coaster. I’ve been losing weight and leveling out my blood sugars, but there’s still a lot of work to do. My goal this month is to add more water by alternating my water and iced tea during the day. Plus, I’m going to add in a walk 3 times a week in the morning.
I think those are some pretty lofty goals for this month. There are a few other, more personal goals, but we’ll just leave these ones here.
What are your goals for October?
Leave your comment here and let’s check in with each other next month!